Re: question re opensource security

So,

I'm working on Solaris since a few years.
and I have installed openSSH since Solaris 6 on prod server.

now, openSSH is on Solaris 9, why ?=20
(for you) is it because Sun.com did not make any research !

> From: "dan tynan" <dan@cynicus.com>
> To: <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>
> Subject: question re opensource security=20
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:11:46 -0500
> answer it for me.
>=20
> First, a couple of truisms about open source software:
>=20
> 1. It suffers fewer flaws than proprietary software, thanks to the nature=
 of
> open source review.
>=20
> 2. When flaws are discovered in open source code, they're fixed faster,
> thanks to open source review, etc etc.
>=20
> My question: Has anyone ever conducted any studies or surveys that bear o=
ut
> these truisms? Do you know of any research that suggests open source
> software is less flawed and fixed faster?
>=20
> If you do, please post the answer here or email me at
> OpenSeeker2002@yahoo.com.
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> D.Wood
>=20
>=20
>=20

Regards=09=09=09CETELEM - Equipe syst=E8me Unix / Xnet.  [2-2329]
Eric Vanborren=09=0920 av. Georges Pompidou - 92595 Levallois Perret -=20
FRANCE
=09=09=09T=E9l: +33 1.46.39.2329 - e-mail: admxnet@cetelem.fr
=09=09May The OpenSource be with you !