Re: Presentation on Information Security

--- Re=E7u de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             26/08/02 =
08.43       ----

All,

There was quite an amusing letter (By Richard Forno, SecurityFocus Onlin=
e) on The
Register a few days ago that might be good to use as a starting point fo=
r any
presentation to sceptical management.

Regards,

Matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--------------

Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:37:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Presentation on Information Security

Here is the link to the presentation:
www.sukkha.info/security/comp-security-ppt.zip  This presentation was do=
ne
in openoffice 1.0.1 and converted to MS ppt.

I hope it is of some use.  I presented this to non-technical people and =
it
went over very well.  I also called my local FBI field office and had an
agent come and talk, as well.  That added a lot of credibility as he was
able to verify everything I spoke about with real cases.  If you need he=
lp
with security policies...let me know.

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, many Lists.. wrote:

> I need to convince my management that they should
> adopt and prepare a security policy and peoperly
> impliment information security procedures etc.
> But they think that nobody will hack them since they
> are a small organization.
> I want a presentation on basics Security threats and
> concepts not a very technical one, just to convince my
> management.
> If someone has gone through this then let me share
> your presentation of give me links urls to those who
> are suited in my case.
> thanks

duane

Fun reading...well for some.  8-)