SV: Securing Small Home Network

Hello!

My lanparty gateway is a Pentium 166 with 64MB RAM.
It's running a firewall, DNS, DHCP, SSH and HTTP without any =
problems...=20
The internet line is 640Kbps. (Should be better :)
I have aproxmitly 20-40 users every month at the same time on my =
private
net.
I think your computer will be enough.

You should run IP Masquerade or somthing like that. Read a ipchains or
iptables HOW-TO. Search in Google.
Personly I use ipchains but I'm planning to upgrade to iptables.

DNS: bind www.isc.org
DHCP: dhcp www.isc.org
HTTP: Apache www.apache.org Installing with SSL
http://kecon.najt.nu/instapache.php
SSH: www.openssh.org
Firewall: iptables (www.iptables.org) or ipchains

About 4. It's allways better to use a dedicated firewall, but the =
choice is
yours ;-)

/ Kenny http://www.najt.nu/