Securing Small Home Network

Hello Linux security experts,

Please forgive me if my first questions to this list are very newbie to you.  I'm still a newbie in Linux and I want to learn Linux security especially in implementing it to my small home network.  I would like to ask your suggestions, recommendations and how-to's if possible.  And my questions are:

1. Is it okay to put up a firewall, router and proxy servers/packages, all in one computer (Intel Pentium 166 @ 32 MB RAM)?

2. Can you give me your recommended packages and what's their individual use, for this kind of setup?

3. If possible, can you give your "how-to's" in setting up this kind of setup?

4. Last but not the least, I'm using a dial-up connection in connecting to the Internet of all my 3 workstations and 1 main server.  If I will put an additional dedicated secure Linux server box which I mentioned in my first question above, where will I physically connect my telephone connection and to connect to the Internet?  Is it in my main server or the new dedicated secure Linux server box?

Thank you in advance.

God bless you all...

Just a newbie...