Re: SV: Avoiding Buffer Overflows

Hi.

> Yes.  You need to return from the current function for the return address
> to be used.
Hum, sorry I don't understand you completely.
Could you show me how the stack looks like in the example with the
exit-call?

In a 'normal' case it would look like this:

[100 byte buf][4 byte EBP][4 byte EIP]

If you now start the program with more than 108 chars as argument it
should exit with "Segmentation fault [...] in address 0x41414141",
shouldn't it?
But I can't see why it sould behave in another way when exit is
used... :-/

thx&bye
 Tom