Re: SMTP vulnerabilities

Hey Dennis,

> Here's a question that has to do with mail, speaking of such things!  How do
> I find out who is sending me all the junk I get?  The email address they
> send from never works..  And the message header is all fubar.  I want to
> find out where it all comes from and, not do anything illegal or unethical,
> but something just to let them know someones figured them out.  Like a
> moderatly long but not so huge ping flood that it denies service.  Soemthing
> that has a good duration so they can't miss it in the logs, if they look at
> such things.  Thanks!

It's no easy task. Start by reading some of the favorites I've found:

qmail Anti-Spam HOWTO
http://www.summersault.com/chris/techno/qmail/qmail-antispam.html

Spam Tracking Page -- enough links to keep you busy for sure
http://www.rahul.net/falk/

Dave

--
Dave Wreski
Corporate Manager                           Guardian Digital, Inc.