Re: Linux Firewall

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Benjamin Stocker wrote:

> Hy all,
>

> It seems to be possible to install two NIC's in the firewall and point
> one of them to the Net, the other to the webservers, but both configured
> for the same subnet. But that configuration seems to be rare and I
> cannot find documentation about it.
>
> What's your opinion?
> Many thanks, Benjamin

Benjamin,

Personally, in a case like this, if your router is capable of filtering
via ACLs, I would approach it this way. It keeps the traffic from ever
getting inside your network in the first place. I have mine set up this
way with the ACL controlling inbound traffic on the serial port (Ser0).

Mind you, my point is moot if you don't have a router....

Just my .02

Aaron