Re: sending e-mail in NIS-NFS

Another way to handle this, if I'm understood your problem properly, is to
set the MX record for all the hosts in the domain (ie all your
workstations) to be the mail server host.  That way, even if mail is sent
from one workstation as user@workstation.domain.com, when someone replies
to it the mail to workstation.domain.com will be routed to
mailserver.domain.com.  Then all you have to do is configure your mail
server to receive mail for all the different workstations (I can help if
its qmail, I don't know sendmail very well at all).  If you're interested
in this solution I can elucidate.

Sheer