Re: Linux/Windows VPN

But the problem is these tunnels are not transparent.  They reside on top
of the TCP layer.  So I can create a tunnel from a windows client port
8000 to a remote server port 110 and then check my mail in a secure way
(but I have to set up my mail client to check localhost:8000).

But what I am looking for is something that can talk IPSEC or some kind of
ppp over ssh so that the windows client establishes a connection to a VPN
server (like FreeS/WAN) and then gets a route that machine (so the
connection looks like an interface).  This tunnel actually work at the IP
layer so that all traffic to the 192.168.1.0/24 network from the client
actually gets sent over a secure tunnel to the remote network.  That way a
user can connect from a windows laptop at home to the office VPN and then
securely access any port on the an intranet server at 192.168.1.4 (which
would normally be unroutable).

Thanks,
Sheer