Digital Unix V4.0D vulnerabilites

Hi gang,

  I am a Unix Admin. Well Digital Unix distrobution has been in my interest for
sometime now. I am pleased to say I got clearance to run it. We have all our software
and machines needed to run this OS.
  We will be running "Digital Unix V4.0D". I realize there are more up to date versions
and distrobutions, but this is just plane fun for me.  But first I need to secure it as
much as I can.
    Our BIGGEST security risk is "Remote Login"  it will be running a telnet server, and
the connection address is publicied on our site (for various reasions).
    What are some of the well known exploits assumming NO username / password.
        Thanks everyone,
                   John
                  Unix Admin(lover)