How to get Tracing in a Gimp Script?

I posted this to Gimp-User awhile ago and got no response.  Hoping for more here.  :)   Also, thanks Kevin for your earlier response! :)

----
Earlier message:

I am trying to turn on script tracing in Gimp 2.4 so I can track the progress of a test script I wrote.  Though I have called (tracing 1) as indicated in the tiny-fu documentation I am seeing no tracing occurring.  I have checked the console log file, the script-fu console and looked for other output as well but have seen no tracing output.  Is there something I am missing?  Where is the tracing output supposed to show up?  It there another step that I'm missing?  The script I wrote is below.  Thanks. :)

---
Script:

(define
   (
   script-fu-text-box inText inFont inFontSize inTextColor inBufferAmount
   )
   (let*
      (
      (theImageWidth  10)
      (theImageHeight 10)
      (theImage (car (gimp-image-new theImageWidth theImageHeight RGB ) )  )
      (theText)
      (theBuffer)
      (theLayer (car (gimp-layer-new theImage theImageWidth theImageHeight RGB-IMAGE "layer 1" 100 NORMAL ) ) )
      )
(tracing 1)
      ( gimp-image-undo-group-start theImage )
      (gimp-image-add-layer theImage theLayer 0)
      (gimp-context-set-background '(255 255 255) )
      (gimp-context-set-foreground inTextColor)
      (gimp-drawable-fill theLayer BACKGROUND-FILL)
      (set! theText (car (gimp-text-fontname theImage theLayer 0 0 inText 0 TRUE inFontSize PIXELS "ProFontISOLatin1") ) )
      (set! theImageWidth   (car (gimp-drawable-width  theText) ) )
      (set!  theImageHeight  (car (gimp-drawable-height theText) ) )
      (gimp-image-resize theImage theImageWidth theImageHeight 0 0)
      (gimp-layer-resize theLayer theImageWidth theImageHeight 0 0)
      (set! theBuffer (* theImageHeight (/ inBufferAmount 100) ) )
      (set! theImageHeight (+ theImageHeight theBuffer theBuffer) )
      (set! theImageWidth  (+ theImageWidth  theBuffer theBuffer) )
      (gimp-image-resize theImage theImageWidth theImageHeight 0 0)
      (gimp-layer-resize theLayer theImageWidth theImageHeight 0 0)
      (gimp-layer-set-offsets theText theBuffer theBuffer)
      ( gimp-image-undo-group-end theImage )
      (gimp-display-new  theImage)
      (list theImage theLayer theText)
(tracing 0)
   )
)

(script-fu-register
   "script-fu-text-box"
   "First Script"
   "Creates a simple text box, sized to fit around the user's choice of text, font, font size, and color."                       ;description
    "Me"
   "Copyright 2007"
   "June 25, 2007"
   ""                     ;image type that the script works on
   SF-STRING      "Text:"         "Text Box"   ;a string variable
   SF-FONT        "Font:"         "Charter"    ;a font variable
   SF-ADJUSTMENT   "Font size"     '(50 1 1000 1 10 0 1) ;a spin-button
   SF-COLOR       "Color:"        '(0 0 0)     ;color variable
   SF-ADJUSTMENT  "Buffer amount" '(55 0 100 1 10 1 0) ;a slider
)

(script-fu-menu-register "script-fu-text-box" "<Toolbox>/Xtns/Me")