Re: tiny-fu under windows

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> I never knew about tiny-fu before. I've checked the web page, and
> still it's not clear to me what are the advantages of using it instead
> of script-fu.

One of these days I will sit down and improve the web page.

Tiny-Fu ...
-  uses a Scheme interpreter which is still being developed. The Scheme
interpreter used in Script-Fu is very old and is no longer being maintained.
- uses a scheme interpreter used that implements as large a subset of R5RS
(the standard for Scheme) as was possible without it getting very large and
complicated.
- supports UTF-8 coded strings. This allows the creation of scripts which use
characters and text in human languages which contain accented characters and
other characters that can not be represented using standard ASCII.
- includes support for additional time, date, and file I/O functions
- includes regex pattern matching routines.
- supports use of run-time loadable extensions.

Note that the run-time loadable extensions feature is currently disabled. I
plan to re-enable it in relation to work being done for the 2.0 version of
Tiny-Fu.

Tiny-Fu will also soon have support for radio buttons via an SF-RADIO
parameter in the register block. Support for an SF-RADIO type is mostly done.
I am just working on getting the buttons to display properly in a dialog box.

I think that covers the advantages of Tiny-Fu over Script-Fu unless I forgot
something.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/e4wwlB/TM