Re: language manual

michaelhoelzende wrote:
> Is there a kind of "script-fu-with-GIMP language manual" containing
> the valid functions, commands and constants as well as the error codes
> and messages?
> For example i really don't know how error/error escape handling is
> done with script-fu/GIMP.

The main site for information on the SIOD component of Script-Fu is
http://people.delphiforums.com/gjc/siod.html. It has a list of the valid
functions/commands. Additional information can be found in the Procedure
Browser. Just remember to drop the leading GIMP_ from named constants and
change _ to -. I don't know of a complete list of named constants for GIMP.
  Any GIMP function which can take named constants should and usually does
show them in the Procedure Browser display.

Regarding error and error escape handling you should look at the use of
catch and throw. In SIOD, catch and throw are *catch and *throw. An example
of the use of catch can be found in the contactsheet.sct script in Tiny-Fu.
There are no Script-Fu scripts shipped as part of GIMP which use catch at
this time.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM