Re: language manual

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 02:25:57PM -0000, michaelhoelzende wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm rather new to GIMP, and escpecially concerning script-fu/SIOD.
> So here's my question:
> Is there a kind of "script-fu-with-GIMP language manual" containing
> the valid functions, commands and constants as well as the error codes
> and messages?
> For example i really don't know how error/error escape handling is
> done with script-fu/GIMP.

it is well known that gimp script-fu (maybe SIOD itself) has not very
good error messages.

the best way to find the gimp-specific commands is from the script-fu
console/browser located at <Toolbox>/Xtns/Script-Fu.  get the console
open and there is a Browse button that is very useful.

there are several tutorials online, give any search engine the words
"gimp script-fu how to" or "gimp script-fu" or "gimp script-fu tutorial"
or even look at the gimps web site http://www.gimp.org

a search for SIOD on those same search engines might be able to help
with the non-gimp parts of the scripting.

carol

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM