CTCs and root NFS

Hello there,

I'm trying to get a 'diskless' VM by IPling a kernel from the
reader and using a parmfile (in the reader, after the kernel) to determine
the hostname and CTC info (IP address, netmask and the partner's IP
address). I am also using V-DISK as swap.

I have already compiled the CTC stuff into the kernel, and am passing the
kernel a parameter like "ctc=ctc0,0x2000,0x2001", but this has no effect
because I need the CTC to be activated in the kernel initialisation
functions (before the root_nfs stuff) so that a NFS connection can be
made.

(I know the parmfile trick works because I can boot from the reader but
still using DASD and after the DASD is mounted, the CTC connection
starts fine using info from /proc/cmdline .)

So my question is:
Has anyone else tried this and got it to work, or has anyone got any
useful comments/suggestions ?

Or is there a chance the (official s390) kernel could be modified to spot
root_nfs options and start up the networking stuff before mounting / ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashley Chaloner.