Re: RPM Usage Question

Maybe somebody knows of a decent workaround, but according to Max RPM
this functionality is deliberately missing...

"The reason for this restriction is to make it difficult to bypass RPM's
use of pristine sources. If it were possible to --short-circuit to -bb
or -ba, a package builder might take the "easy" way out and simply hack
at the build tree until the software built successfully, then package
the hacked sources. So, RPM will only --short-circuit to -bc or -bi.
Nothing else will do."
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-b-command.html#S2-RPM-B-COMMAND-SHORT-CIRCUIT-OPTION

~ Daniel Jarboe