From: Maciej Ksiezycki [mailto:mksiezycki@unizeto.pl]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 2:23 AM
To: redhat-s390-list@redhat.com
Subject: [Redhat-s390-list] Two problems

Hello everybody,

Could anyone help me resolve any of these two problems please ?

-1:
During the initial boot of RedHat 7.2 I get the following error:

Unable to handle kernel pointer dereference at virtual kernel address
7ffff000
Oops:   0010
Cpu:           0
Process ifconfig (pid 32, stackpage=3D009A5000)
Kernel PSW:   040c1000  8001bbf2        Not tainted

I am using OSA-2 network adapter and have already set MTU to 1492. It
didn't help much...
However, after the boot I can succesfully ssh to the machine and start the
installation process.
However, could anyone help me resolve the above mentioned problem ?
Where to look at and what to change ?

-2:
During RH 7.2 install (FTP to my local server) I get the following
message:

Install: kernel-tape-2.4.9-17.s390.rpm
Warning: -i is obsolete and deprecated.
Warning: -m is deprecated; please use -F.

And after this message the system hangs.
Why does it hang and what is the cause ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maciek

------
Maciej Ksiezycki