Re: [Redhat-s390-list] insert lcs(oco) module in a running redhat

At 15:58 27-03-02, Simon Tischer wrote:
>hi
>i sucessfully installed redhat :-) .
>no i have the problem to get the network working.
>what i have to do?
>i read something about modify the initrd.img!??
>i want to know i can insert the module that i get my network working.
>thanks for help

If you installed RedHat you had the network working, right? Or do you
mean you managed to get the ramdisk system IPLed?
To use LCS or QDIO devices you will have to modify the initrd as
outlined in the document on DeveloperWorks that will give you a
ramdisk system that can use the network. After completion of the
installer you use the 'instoco' command as documented to copy
the modules into your freshly installed system.

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]