[Redhat-s390-list] On-demand timer patch

Hello,

I was wondering if Red Hat had any plans to integrate the on-demand timer
patch into their kernel. Presently, the patch won't work with RH's kernel.
I only bring this up because I have recently been inundated by documents
that co-workers brought back from SHARE, primarily from Velocity Software,
asserting that without this patch a s390 cannot scale beyond 300 linux
images (due to the .3% processor utilization of an 'idle' image). Although
300 images is quite alot, I hate to be saddled by any unnecessary
limitations.

I realize that we could roll our own kernel, but we'd like to stick with
RH's if at all possible. This, of course, begs the question as to whether
or not the timer issue will ever be addressed in the stock kernel tree.

Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]