[Redhat-s390-list] LVM or alternatives

Hello everyone.

We are looking at running some applications that require very large file
systems. The lack of the logical volume manager in RH's 2.4.9-17 release
for the 390 was mentioned on the Marist Linux/390 listserv. Although I
understand the reasons for LVMs exclusion, we would still like to utilize
it if at all possible. With that said, I was wondering if anyone had
successfully integrated LVM into their kernel and if any problems had been
created by doing so.

Barring LVM, we are looking at using RAID0 for our large filesystems.
Unfortunately, RAID just doesn't give us the flexibility that we desire.
Does anyone know of any good non-LVM and non-RAID alternatives for large
filesystem management? Ideally, we'd like software that could grow and
shrink filesystems as needed without rebuilding.

Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]