RE: [Redhat-s390-list] Cloning a RH 7.2 S390 system

Dave,

One way to _know_ would be to run the following find command just after
installation, and then examine the contents of the files listed to
understand what's in them:
1. mount your "target" system dasd on /mnt and below
2. chroot /mnt
3. find . -type f -mmin -30

The "-mmin -30" means "any file modified within the last 30 minutes or
less."  You'll want to change that to be slightly larger than the amount of
time it took you to do the installation.  Note that this _will_ turn up a
lot of unnecessary files, such as /etc/fstab, but it will allow you to find
all files modified during the install process.

I'm pretty sure the ISP/ASP RedBook talks about this sort of thing, and
might even have a sample script to run.  I believe Rob van der Heij did most
of the write-up on that.  If so, what ever is in the book is likely to be
vastly superior to the above.

Mark Post