[Redhat-s390-list] Fwd: Cloning a RH 7.2 S390 system

In a message dated 1/24/2002 8:35:13 AM Mountain Standard Time, mark.post@eds.com writes:

Dave,

I also saw the posting about sys-unconfig, and sent a reply, but it didn't
go to the list, just the OP.  So, to repeat myself (yet again (again)):
Except that the support for it doesn't seem to be there.
/usr/sbin/sys-unconfig touches a file named /.unconfigured.  The next time
you boot, /etc/rc.sysconfig checks to see if it exists, and if so, is
supposed to invoke a number of system configuration scripts.  The problem is
this:
    if [ "`/bin/arch`" = "s390" ] ; then
      ARCH=".s390"
    else
      ARCH=""
    fi
and these:
    if [ -x /usr/bin/passwd$ARCH ]; then
        /usr/bin/passwd$ARCH root
    fi
    if [ -x /usr/sbin/netconfig$ARCH ]; then
        /usr/sbin/netconfig$ARCH
    fi

When I look, those files (with ".s390" appended to them) don't exist, so
they won't get executed.  So for now, at least, /usr/sbin/sys-unconfig is a
"no op" command.

Mark Post