Re: [Redhat-s390-list] install fails to recognize the disks

> What version of the initial kernel are you using?  I'll try to see if I can
> duplicate your problem.

This is with the 2.4.9-17 kernel. My FBA device was not picked up
because the fba part of the dasd driver was not in the initrd (argh! - that
rules out install from a 'iso-as-if-a-3370' install type on the P390).
The other part I think is because the disk was CMS formatted before
I started and there may be two different code paths trying to tell if the
disk is managed by the ECKD or the DIAG portion, and one of these
decide the other portion should handle it (and DIAG is not in either).

I'm sure I will have plenty of options to repeat the process ;-)

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]