From: Michael K Lambert [mailto:mlambe7@lsu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 9:35 PM
To: redhat-s390-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: [Redhat-s390-list] RC2 beta iucv problem

Thanks, Mark.
I did manage to make a connection by starting them up in rapid succession,
as you suggested. I had heard the IUCV was a little shaky at times, but I
had no idea that it was this bad. Does it suffer these same problems
communicating with the TCP/IP stack or is it just other Linux images?

Michael L.

"Post, Mark K" <mark.post@eds.com>

12/18/2001 08:46 PM EST

Michael,

I ran into a similar problem during the RedBook residency.  I had a very
difficult time getting two Linux/390 guests to talk over an IUCV link.
Basically, I wound up taking both sides down and then starting them very
close in time to each other until they seemed to "synch up."  It was very
aggravating.  Some people have commented on how much more reliable IUCV
connections are between Linux/390 guests, but I've always had better luck
with vCTC connections.

Mark Post