From: Roger Lam [mailto:lamrmn@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 2:14 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RedHat Beta - CTC driver problem - No such device

The proc/dasd/devices listed all dasd from dasda-dasdf. Somehow rhsetup
could not mount the dasd and change the root direcotry. Although I specified
'y' to low level format, it returned immediately and asked next question.

Here are the error messages after answering all dasd formating questions (I
have 200-204, in which 200 will be ipl volume, 201 at root, 202 usr, 203
home and 204 swap) :

/home   Mountpoint /dev/dasdd1
/usr   Mountpoint /dev/dasdc1
/   Mountpoint /dev/dasdb1

mount: special device /dev/dasdb1 does not exist
mount: special device /dev/dasdd1 does not exist
mount: special device /dev/dasdc1 does not exist
Getting package information
Installing packages...
Install: kernel-2.4.9-0.11.s390.rpm
warning: Expected size:      2480395 =
lead(96)+sigs(160)+pad(0)+data(2480139)
warning:   Actual size:      1409024
rpmdb: write: 0x7fffd218, 8192: No space left on device
error: db3 error(28) from dbenv->open: No space left on device
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No space left on device (28)
error: cannot open Packages database in /mnt/sysimage/var/lib/rpm
mv: unable to rename `/mnt/sysimage/sbin/runlevel': No such file or
directory
/bin/rhsetup]699(: cannot create /mnt/sysimage/sbin/runlevel: No such file
or directory

chmod: /mnt/sysimage/sbin/runlevel: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory
mv: unable to rename `/mnt/sysimage/sbin/runlevel_save': No such file or
directory
chroot: cannot execute passwd: No such file or directory
root password set as provided in the bootparameters
HCPGIR450W CP entered; disabled wait PSW 000A0000 800231C6