RE: [Redhat-s390-list] OSA-Express not recognized with Beta kernel of Oct 4,2001 and IBM OCO modules

Hello,
  I'm seeing the same problem.  With the pre 2.4.7 kernel betas I had no
trouble.  However, once I tried the 2.4.7 kernel I noticed a problem, and
once the 2.4.9 installer came out I saw the problem I was seeing with the
2.4.7 kernel in the installer.  I hope that the following information is
some use.

 The device isn't being shown at startup, however /proc/chandev is showing
the device:

   0x10   0x1731   0x05   0x1732   0x05    0 no      no      not_operational,no_path,revalidate,device_gone
   0x10   0x1731   0x01   0x1732   0x01    0 no      no      not_operational,no_path,revalidate,device_gone

and

   irq  devno  type   type  model type  model pim      chpids         use  reg.
=========
0x0000 0x0e00 0x10  0x1731 0x01  0x1732 0x01 0x80 0xfaffffffffffffff no
no
0x0001 0x0e01 0x10  0x1731 0x01  0x1732 0x01 0x80 0xfaffffffffffffff no
no
0x0002 0x0e02 0x10  0x1731 0x01  0x1732 0x01 0x80 0xfaffffffffffffff no
no

when I try to insmod the drivers:

# insmod -f /lib/qdio.o
# insmod -f /lib/qeth.0
#

# cat /proc/modules
#

So.. the insmod returns no errors, and the module doesn't load.  I have a
feeling I'm probably missing something, but I'm confused as to what it is.
Thanks for any input and assistance.

-Ryan