[Redhat-s390-list] OSA detection problem with Roswell beta 3

I downloaded the latest iso's of Red Hat for the s390, inserted the newest
lcs, qdio and qeth OCO modules (the latest versions) into initrd.img and
attempted to install the OS according to the README procedures.

 We booted from the CD at the hardware managment console and answered the
 questions about network device, domain name, gateway, etc. Unfortunately,
 we were met with the following string of messages:

 "SIOCSIFADDR: No Such Device
 eth0: unknown interface: No Such Device
 SIOCSIFNETMASK: No Such Device
 SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No Such Device
 eth0: unknown interface: No Such Device
 SIOCADDRT: No Such Device
 SIOCADDRT: No Such Device"

 Our machine has both an ATM and a OSA Express card, so we made multiple
 attempts to get either card to work in every configuration that we could
 think of, but every time we got the same results.

 I'm glad to see that the "unresolved symbol tasklet_hi_schedule" has been
 dealth with, but we still are stuck with a mainframe that we cannot
 communicate with. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly
 appreciated.

 Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]