[Redhat-s390-list] X still loops

I have installed from the kernel and initrd dated 09/27/01.
I did a server install.
It is running under VM.  It is defined with 256MB of memory and CTC
adapters to VM TCP/IP.
Once installed and running I used the directions provided to start X using
xdm.
When I connect my X server I get the gnome desktop and the "start here"
application (nautilus I believe) displays.  Then the system goes into a cpu
loop.  The X server stops responding,  my telnet session closes, and my
3215 console goes into a cp read if I press enter.  IND USER shows that is
using cpu but doing no i/o.

What can I do to being to debug this problem?

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
NCGi (A Mainline Company)
1700 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee, FL. 32311
mark.pace@ncgicorp.com
Office: 850-219-5184
Fax: 850-219-5110
http://www.mainline.com
http://www.ncgicorp.com

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]