Re: [Redhat-s390-list] Swap space

>Don't use a complete disk device for swapping. We have had very similar
trouble
>with fdasd and dasd access, especially on the first 1024 bytes of a dasd
>device.

>So use fdasd to create a partition, change the type to Linux Swap and then
>use /dev/dasda1 instead. That should prevent access to the first 1024
bytes
>of the dasd device for swapping and therefore should work as expected.

>Read ya, Phil

Thanks, Phil, I was not aware of the fdasd command, nor that you could
partition 390 dasd.  I did fdasd on /dev/dasda and set it to type swap.
Then did a mkswap and swapon /dev/dasda1, works great.

Mark Pace

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]