[Redhat-s390-list] No LCS module found after following README instructions

>After attempting to load again, we got a different error >message stating:
>
>" /lib/lcs.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.7 >while    this kernel
is
>version 2.4.7-6.1BOOT
>  /lib/lcs.o unresolved symbol tasklet_hi_schedule "
>
>and then proceeded to spit out the usual messages about no >device found.
>
>Well, this sent us running to the IBM site to see if >perhaps they had
some
>other version that we had missed. Lo and behold, we saw >that they had
>updated just this afternoon to lcs-2.4.7-s390-1.o.
>
>Hopefully this will resolve our problems, but we don't >have a chance to
>experiment today (our only CD burner is being used). We'll >try Monday
>morning.

It's Monday morning and the lastest IBM drivers have yielded exactly the
same results. I have emailed IBM, asking for compatible modules, but I'm
not holding my breath. Although I know that Red Hat does not provide
support for IBM's proprietary mods, I was hoping that someone would at
least have a suggestion as to how we could workaround this problem.

Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]