Re: [Redhat-s390-list] Redhat Newbie question.

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Philip J. Tully wrote:

> I am running in a 512meg virtual machine I hope this isn't a memory problem.

No, our installation test VM uses 256. However, the error messages you've
been seeing are the messages the kernel produces when it's running out of
virtual memory, they can't occur under different circumstances.

Either you've found a memory leak somewhere (can you get memory statistics
(e.g. /proc/meminfo)?), or you've found a kernel bug... Are you using
kernel 2.2.x or 2.4.x?

> Yes I do have a shell available. (another indication this isn't
> memory) and I built the zilo.conf but I am unable to find zilo in the
> sbin directory.  Could it be somewhere else?

No, but chances are zilo hasn't been installed yet. Get the s390-utils
package and install it manually; you'll have zilo then.

Chances are the resulting system won't work too well, though - a lot of
important things (such as network configuration) happen after all packages
have been installed.

LLaP
bero

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]