Re: [Redhat-s390-list] Free download

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Rob van der Heij wrote:

> I just learned that SuSE will offer only an unmaintained snapshot
> of their distribution on the web site and recently updated versions
> are only available through a service contract.
>
> Will Red Hat have a similar strategy?

I really doubt so, because it violates the licenses of most of the
packages in Linux distributions.
Unlike certain others, Red Hat cares about open source.

A current unsupported version will always be at
ftp://rawhide.redhat.com/pub/rawhide/s390.

I'm not sure what the current plans for the supported version are, but
when/if/... it's released, I'm sure it will be available for download.

LLaP
bero

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]