Re: futex merge v4.4.280 troubles

Hi,

On 18.09.21 01:16, Luis Claudio R. Goncalves wrote:
If I revert "futex: Futex_unlock_pi() determinism" pi_stress will work. With
the patch applied the process just hangs. I've attached gdb to see what's
going on in this case:

Thanks for all the tips. It took me a while to figure out what's wrong. The hint was in the reverted patch... The patch depends on the 'newly'
introduced locking rules (pi_state->pi_mutex.wait_lock, hb->lock),
though the stable backport is not shipping it. Here the hint:

  However, now that modifying wait_list is done while holding both
  hb->lock and wait_lock, the scenario can be avoided entirely by
  acquiring wait_lock while still holding hb-lock. Doing a hand-over,
  without leaving a hole.

After a quick test merge of put_pi_state() from v4.9-rt things seem
to start working again. I need some more time to polish and verify
all changes but at least I know now what's wrong.

Daniel