Help RPM database content direct reading and decoding

Dear maintainers,
I am writing to you asking for help or advice.
I have to get a list of installed packages from /var/lib/rpm/Packages database file directly, without using such commands as 'rpm -qa' or 'yum list' or something else, because I might have no access to those commands and rpm at all. Actually, my case is to get the list of installed packages from the docker container with rpm-based OS, while the host OS can be different.
I am using Python and all I have reached for the moment is an opened Berkeley DB file with output of tuples of binary data. But I have no idea how to decode this binary output to get human readable information.

Maybe I am using the wrong approach from the beginning - please refer me the right way. Maybe there is a python library that I could use? Unfortunately I did not find any similar questions, so decided to write here.

Thank you in advance.

--
With regards,
Andrey Nikonov.