Is package metadata stored in DB signed or not?

Hello!

I have a question about security of installed package metadata. The
idea is to use rpm -V for security audit, and I need to understand, if
file checksums in the rpm database can be trusted. I don't know, what
exact metadata is signed inside the package, and is this signature
stored after package installation. If the database keeps only unsigned
checksums, they can be altered, and rpm -V cannot be considered
suitable for our purposes.

--
Regards,
       Dmitry Mikhirev