Re: single RPM for all distros?

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016, Daniel Letai wrote:

if find-requires provides the correct libs, you might use 'Autoreq: yes' and
it would work.
See http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-depend-auto-depend.html

On rhel, find-requires path is at
/usr/lib/rpm/find-requires

Otherwise, you can write conditional anything, e.g.,

%if 0%{?fedora} >= 18 || 0%{?rhel} >= 7
%ifarch %{arm}
Requires: glibc >= 2.16
%endif
%endif

Those provide for a single SRPM that compiles on multiple distros. That is good, and standard practice, but I think the OP was asking
if there was a way for a single *binary* RPM to install on multiple
distros.  Of course there is, but what I've seen from proprietary
vendors has been rather ugly - usually a combination of static linking
and lengthy %pre/%post scripts that make me afraid to install the package.