Re: Allowing files to be overwritten by different packages

On 11/06/2015 11:19 PM, Fabricio Cannini wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm having a problem making this work, when installing different
> packages that write the same file at the same directory.
> I've tried '%config' , '%config(noreplace)', but none worked.
>
> Is there anyway to make this work, or am I simply going against the
> whole idea of rpm ?
>
> I'm using centos 6.5, rpm 4.8.0.

There are ways to make this work, depending on what you want. One way is
to make sure the file content and attributes are the same. This is how
multilib packages work.
Another way is to declare the file %ghost and make it's content appear
magically (e.g. by scriptlet).
If there really should be different content in this file may be make the
packages conflict each other - possibly by splitting the files into a
sub package first.

Florian

--

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael