Re: RPM files md5sum

Hi,

I know that the rpm stores the ckecksums, but for this I need to keep the rpm.

I would need to have a separate file with all these check sums and if the rpm is deleted I can check this file.
Also, I would like to create this file during the rpm installation. I am the one who builds the rpm and I can modify the
SPEC file.

I would need to add something similar to your command, but in the SPEC file, in the %post section. Is there
any way?

With kind regards,
Dragos

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Florian Festi <ffesti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/11/2014 05:11 PM, Dragos Diaconescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would need to to save the md5sum for all of the files that exists into
> a rpm. I would need
> to store these md5sums for each file into a separate file, automatically
> after
> the rpm was installed.
>
> Is there any way to do this in the rpm build SPEC file, in the %post
> section?
>
> I would need something different than  the command "rpm -qp --dump <rpm
> file>".
> I would need these md5sums to be stored automatically after the rpm was
> installed.

I am not entirely sure what you actually want to achieve but rpm already
stores the check sums of all installed files. You can get them with e.g.

rpm -q --qf "[%{FILENAMES}\t%{FILEDIGESTS}\n]" rpm

Also rpm --verify is capable to check them against the installed files.

Florian