Failed to write file: invalid section entry size

I have rpmbuild command failing with a message I do not know how to fix or work around.

It gets through the build process and fails somewhere in the install section with the following error messages:

extracting debug info from complete_executable_file
Failed to write file:  invalid section entry size
error:  Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.xxx(%install)

I have tracked it down to line in the script that calls /usr/lib/rpm/debugedit with several parameters.  This seems to happen on any executable I include in the install section (I have tried reducing the install and file list to just one of several executable files that should eventually get packaged up).

Is something wrong with my executable or debugedit?  Any suggestion on a work around or resolution?

Thanks,
---d.dembrow