RE: Default Behavior of rpmbuild for stripping

This is from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package, hope this helps:

Normally, if there are binary executables, then debugging symbols are stripped from the normal binary packages and placed into a name-debug subpackage. If this shouldn't happen, you can disable the stripping and creation of this subpackage by putting this at the top of your SPEC:

%global _enable_debug_package 0

%global debug_package %{nil}

%global __os_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress %{nil}

To prevent stripping you may also need to do this in the %install section:

export DONT_STRIP=1