rpm problem

Greetings,

I am having a strange problem while creating a RPM. I posting the question on StackOverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12809889/rpm-missing-dependency)
but got no answers.  If you can please help, that will great. Thanks a lot for your time.

My question (same as that in StackOverflow):

I am creating a RPM which has the following shared objects:

libexample.so --> libexample.so.1.0.1
libexample.so.1.0.1

When I am creating the RPM using rpmbuild, I see the rpm provides libexample.so.1.0.1. But, in the require section I see libexample.so

In the makefile of the project I refer libexample.so

When I am trying to install the rpm it gives an error "Missing dependency: libexample.so" even though it is packaged as a link file pointing to libexample.so.1.0.1

So the problem is somehow RPM is not considering that I am packaging libexample.so (which is a link to libexample.so.1.0.1)

However, I installed the rpm using --nodeps option and everything is working fine.

So, my question is how should I modify to avoid getting the error of missing dependency.

To validate that the missing dependency is due to the link file, I changed libexample.so from a link file to an actual shared object (cp libexample.so.1.0.1 libexample.so) and rpm does not giving the missing dependency error.

Can someone please help and tell me what I am missing and how to fix this missing dependency error in RPM. Thanks a lot in advance for your help and time.

--
Thanks,
Shivashis