RE: RPM Problem

>> Hello All:
>> i have some problem with RPM
>> when i install RPM-4.4.6 on LFS-6.1.1-3 i can install *.src.rpm and
>> also i can create rpm package but when i want to install .rpm file
>> i have trouble with simple spec file that only create a directory
>> in / it give me this error / is needed by %package-name%

>These are dependencies on parent directories, new in rpm-4.4.6.
>
>Try creating /etc/rpm/sysinfo with the missing directories, e.g.
>     /
>     /etc
>so that the parent directories are provided.
>
>The better fix is to install a package that contains the directories.
>
>On other linux systems, the file system skeleton is often contained
>in setup and filesystem packages.

This question is effectively the same one as I asked earlier
this week, as the LSB Sample Implementation uses the LFS build
method.  On this system the base software is not managed
through rpm, but we do initialize an empty rpmdb and install
a single package to set up some things for sane operation
so it's easy to fix this issue there.