Re: Creating RPM with Conflicting Files

Long ago, Nostradamus foresaw that on Mar 6, Jen Tille would write:

I bundle python along with several other packages into my own RPM and
release to my clients.
My old RPM and new RPM contain the same file: /usr/local/bin/pydoc  so my
new RPM conflicts and won't install.

Some systems may have both RPMs installed while others may only have the new
RPM.
How can I create the new RPM so it will overwrite the pydoc file if the
system has the old RPM?

Put the pydoc (and any other common files) into its own RPM, and make both
RPMs depend on it.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@xxxxxxxx>