Re: Creating RPM with Conflicting Files

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Jen Tille <jen.tille@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> I bundle python along with several other packages into my own RPM and
> release to my clients.
>
> My old RPM and new RPM contain the same file: /usr/local/bin/pydoc  so my
> new RPM conflicts and won't install.
This is not : a NEW and a OLD rpm, but two different RPM, isn't ? Why
the second include
pydoc again ? Drop pydoc from the second and the first, do a package
for pydoc, and update both with a Require pydoc.

So you can install the OLD and the NEW the way you want, installing
first the pydoc rpm if you don't have a depsolver
that do this for you (yum, smart ecc)

hth