Re: Updating the Release info after package build

You can use rpmrebuild (http://rpmrebuild.sf.net)

Valery,

From: Tim T. <tim.timmerman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: General discussion about the RPM package manager <rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:40 PM
Subject: Updating the Release info after package build

Hi,

  Trying to puzzle something out, on a rainy sunday afternoon.. Is it possible to update Release and Version info for a package after the package has been built ? I know I should just put in the right numbers before I assemble the package, but I'm considering a situation in which the right numbers are not available at the moment of build.

(Related question: Is there any easy way of manipulating the contents of an rpm after it's been build ?)

Thanks,
   TimT.