Re: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.52497 (%build)

On 02/11/2011 09:43 AM, fawad ali syed wrote:
> Hi All,
>          I do not know if this is the right way to post or not. I do
> not know much abut mailing lists. I tried to find forums for rpm but
> in vain. I have a situation where I want to package my web application
> as an RPM package. It includes only copying from one place to another.
> The benefit will be of versioning. If I have a new release, then it
> will maintain the versions in rpm database. So if I want to revert to
> previous version, it will be easy due to rpm database.
>
>           I am attaching my spec file. I run the following command to
> build the rpm package.
The spec file you attached was in dos format.  This is not a mail
artifact since the attachment is base64 encoded.  Dos format adds an
extra <CR> to the end of each line, which is where the '\r' comes from
in your error.  Your spec file needs to be in unix format.  (Although
RPM support for Windows will start with recognizing and tolerating dos
format text files.)