Re: need to know if packaging our application stack as an rpm is the right way to go

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 14:02:05 Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> That is the best when they are static.  But sometimes the proper symlinks
> to create depends on the environment.

If they depen on the environment... how do you make rpm to manage them?
If the answer is that you cannot, then I see no point in having them in %post.
I tend to see this sections as a place to run specific commands or something
alike needed for the the package to work and nothing else.

However, opensource is about choice, ain't it? :)

--
Regards,

Marc Deop