Re: Source code for rpm-4.2

On 10/08/2010 02:41 PM, Weber, Patrick wrote:
I have a customer that has rpm-4.2.3 installed on his server, but it is broken. He wanted to initiate updates, but with a broken rpm binary, that's a bit difficult.

I searched the rpm source archive, but there is no rpm-4.2.x tar ball - I have the 4.1 and the 4.33, neither of which are the correct version for the OS installed.
Is there someone that has the tarball for 4.2.3?
In general the tarball should be included in the source rpm provided with your distribution. If it is not available you can generate the tarball yourself by getting the the git repository [1] and generate the tarball with the "git archive" command.

Another solution would be extracting the rpm binary from the rpm binary package using rpm2cpio and then cpio.

Florian

[1] http://rpm.org/wiki/GetSource