Re: where does rpm look for perl modules?

On 23 Jul 2010, at 03:45, Gu Lei(Tech) wrote:

> Where does rpm look for perl modules?

In the rpm database.
Only in the rpm database.

rpm's view of what is installed is completely dependant on the rpm
database - it expects to be managing all the packages on the system.

Basically if you are using rpm to manage your system do not install
any (system - you can do what you like in your home directory) software
by any means other than rpm.

If you want to package Tie::IxHash as an rpm (and you cannot find a
package for your distribution) then have a look at cpanspec
http://cpanspec.sourceforge.net/
[you will need an rpm build environment as well = I prefer to do that
within mock - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock , but you
could just use rpmbuild on your system]

	Nigel.

--