RPM Help

We are currently using Sun Solaris Packaging to deliver to our customer. We will be transitioning to x86 red hat linux and I am investigating RPM. Currently we use clearcase and we produce derived objects (mostly exe and libs) and data files for delivery and installation. In much of the material I have seen about RPM there is a %build portion in the package. We will not need to build on the receiving system only install. Does anyone have an example of an rpm that only does the installation part of the process? Also are there other packaging tools for linux even if they involve cost? I will need to do a small trade study.

Thank you for any help or advice

Jim